Thursday, November 18, 2021

Goofball Island is NOW AVAILABLE for all players! 🤪🎉

This is not a drill. I repeat – this is not a drill. 🚨🚨🚨

Goofball Island - now available!

It’s official -- Goofball Island is now welcoming any and all Poptropicans! Head to the map to visit Goofball Island and prepare for a showdown with the scheming Dr. Blandston!

Goofball Island on the map

Meet the island’s outrageous citizens and begin the investigation! Search the island up, down, and side-to-side for clues leading to the dull doc. Will you swoop in to save Goofball before the island’s wackiness becomes a thing of the past?

The Blandston Case

In a mysterious clash between the real and virtual worlds, it’s forecasted that tonight’s lunar eclipse will only be visible in Poptropica from Goofball Island! Although much of the globe can bear witness to the eclipse, it seems a bit peculiar that such a rare event would be exclusive to the newest island on its opening day… What are the chances that Dr. Blandston’s behind it? 🤔

Pop into Goofball Island and have a go of it yourself! Once you complete the island, sound off in the comments and share your first impressions with the community! For now, please avoid specific spoilers to allow others to earn their Goofball medallion!

As a reminder, November’s costume contest ends this Friday, November 19th! Make sure to get your costume designs in by 8pm PST via the submissions page for your outfit to be considered for the Baron’s Cabin of Curiosities in December!

Also, the Goofy Clubhouse Challenge is also underway! Create the craziest clubhouse you can and submit either a video or photo of your customized space. Alternatively, send us your username so we can visit your clubhouse directly! Remember, the top 3 wacky makeovers will win a hefty credit bonus! The Goofy Clubhouse Challenge ends on Monday, November 22nd, at 8pm PST. Please enter your images, videos, or usernames through the submissions page to participate in the challenge!

Enjoy the island, folks! Don’t forget to share your first impressions and reactions below after you’ve visited or finished Goofball Island! Feel free to share your thoughts on the island’s design, but please avoid specific plot and character spoilers for the time being! 👀

GoofballerNovember 18, 2021 pm30 4:44 pm

First of all, that shifting audio is really cool! Loved that all the black and white bland stuff was in a film noir style too. I kinda just wish that there was more stuff in the island! Most characters and locations aren't used more than once, the story progresses *really* quickly, and as a result, some of the island feels more like a movie than a video game. Older islands usually gave people the freedom to explore larger areas at a time, find new stuff, and figure out what to do with what they had - sorta like a puzzle! More stuff like that would be awesome.

I think that I like this island a little more than Fairy Tale Island, but it's really close. Both islands have their own strengths and weaknesses. Goofball Island has a complete story, a bit more creativity, a riskier art style that works pretty well, better sound (the atmospheric stuff is especially great!), and unique gameplay. Fairy Tale Island is a little better with its characters, humor, art overall, and mostly-fun gameplay.

Nice island! Can't wait to see what the future has in store! 😁

UserNovember 19, 2021 pm30 2:42 pm

Messy StormNovember 20, 2021 am30 9:12 am

yess i agree with you completely

Happy LizardNovember 20, 2021 pm30 7:44 pm

Another Upvote

Poptropica PlayerNovember 18, 2021 pm30 5:20 pm

THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Poptropica PlayerNovember 18, 2021 pm30 6:14 pm

BEST. ENDING. EVER.

KF BlogzNovember 20, 2021 am30 11:13 am

I LOVE GOOFBALL ISLAND!!!!!!

AutumnNovember 20, 2021 pm30 11:26 pm

It was definitely a plot twist for sure. Not exactly sure how I feel about it, but it was definitely way more interesting than Fairy Tale Island.

Cheerful HorseNovember 18, 2021 pm30 6:31 pm

Wow Poptropica! I couldn't be more happy with this new island. First off, thank you Thirsty Flame for creating the idea of this amazing island! Hats off to you! Also, Poptropica thank you so so so much! Us Poptropicans have been desperately waiting for a fun, exciting, and adventurous island. You completely knocked it out of the ball park with this one! The mystery..... the suspense.... THE SURPRISES! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! I was constantly gasping throughout the time I was playing it. LOL! I'm not going to spoil anything, but it was better than I could have ever dreamed of!!!! The ending was perfect and the story was magnificent. Another thank you to Thirsty Flame!!! Poptropica you really outdid yourselves this time! It was 100% worth the wait and I'm going to replay Goofball Island 1,000,000,000,000 times. Once more....... THANK YOU POPTROPICA AND THIRSTY FLAME!

Shiny FlyerNovember 18, 2021 pm30 6:35 pm

No way that did not just happen. AMAZING JOB THIRSTY FLAME!!!!!!! 1 MILLION APPLAUSES FOR YOU THAT WAS AWEWSOME!!! Thoughts, my fav part was- ALL OF IT!!! I totally think it was worth the wait. Every day I and checked on the blog for info on Goofball island. I loved it do much and every second of doing it, I was in the moment! Love this island so much I give it 8.5/10. Once again amazing job! I loved the story and characters! Can't wait for next dream island! Until then, Shiny Flyer out

White ClawNovember 18, 2021 pm30 7:41 pm

A very good island, albeit on the easier side. Reminded me of older islands where there were more places to go, decent plots, etc. Definitely made me reminisce about the good old days *cough cough* and how much I miss all the original islands *wink wink*.

anonymousNovember 19, 2021 am30 9:38 am

Wow, good to know there are some civilized people left who actually like the old Poptropica.

White ClawNovember 19, 2021 pm30 1:36 pm

Ikr? Great to find out that not everyone is an uncultured swine lol.

Golden CrownNovember 21, 2021 pm30 4:18 pm

Hey anonymous, it's not that I DIDN'T like the old Poptropica. It's that I'm more willing to see what NEW Poptropica can be.

Happy BubblesNovember 22, 2021 pm30 8:10 pm

For me, I've never had a chance to visit the old old islands, just a bit of the ones before flash ended, but yes, I'd probably like the old Poptropica better too. The flash version is still better than the current. But under my circumstances, I'm still fine for what we have right now

Chilly ShadowNovember 18, 2021 pm30 9:36 pm

Love you guys :D

Shy ScorpionNovember 18, 2021 pm30 10:40 pm

It was way more like the original islands then Fairy-Tale Island. Is there a way to slow down the characters dialogue because they talk super fast. It also had a definitely pretty scary under-lying theme.

moonNovember 19, 2021 am30 8:36 am

if you go to settings you can change it to fast medium or slow,

ErbseNovember 19, 2021 am30 9:57 am

You can change dialog speed by clicking the three line menu button at the top right, then selecting account settings. There are three buttons for speed

Gentle thunderNovember 19, 2021 am30 12:02 am

Wow! What a great island! It was pretty easy to follow, and I adore some of the characters that were created! I got chills on my first playthrough, it was so dynamic. I'm looking forward to what the developers have in store! I agree with Goofballer, it could have used some puzzles, but it's such a lovely island to play that I've decided I don't really care.

Pop on, Poptropicans!

-Gentle Thunder

Happy BubblesNovember 22, 2021 pm30 8:20 pm

Same. Its obviously not the BEST island Poptropica has ever created, and according to the fanbase, Poptropica has surely has past its golden days, but hey, its still a pretty GREAT island! A big improvement from Fairytale to say the least. Nonetheless, I'm still excited for what else the creators have in store and I'm not planning on quitting Poptropica anytime soon

Invisible RingNovember 19, 2021 pm30 10:00 pm

Wow! This Goofball island is AMAZING! This is WAY better than Fairytale island! I just LOVED the black and white side of the island, the city reminded me so much of my OWN dream island. And it was SO MUCH FUN! And it lasted longer than Fairytale island, too. So relieved of that, and also relieved that it wasn't shattered into a bunch of sidequests. Pretty easy island for sure, but not TOO easy. An island as wacky as that is hard to search around and find everything on the first try. Not to mention I find that everything that can be found on that island is REALLY meaningful. It has given me a lot to think about. And like all Poptropica islands that we veterans know and love, it was REALLY fun to set the quest aside momentarily and just explore and have fun. Definitely an island worth replaying!

I gave Fairytale island a lot of thought, and my theory is that the island was a practice island, as in the first island of Haxe... I think that might be why it's not as likable as the other islands. But THIS island? This one ACED the tests! I am feeling so much better about the future islands, such as the final dream island, "Secret of the Jade Scarab". Shoutout to the Poptropica creators for such a big improvement. Thanks a lot! I hope there are more islands to come after the Jade Scarab island is complete! I believe in you guys; I can tell by this awesome Goofball Island that you're really getting into the swing of island production again! And I wish you all good luck on restoring all the old islands from Early Poptropica to Monkey Wrench. The shutdown and the software conversions have been really tough times, but I can tell you're finally starting to pull through! You can do it!

PS. I will keep doing my part as well. My "Battle Morale" movie mission is still underway, and now Goofball Island has given me a lot to think about!

Wild DragonNovember 22, 2021 pm30 2:43 pm

I'm Dr. Blandston!

Lucky BrainNovember 22, 2021 pm30 5:46 pm

Poptropica,

I have a complaint with the game. It's not about the content, but just every time I go to the blimp to go to Goofball Island, the game freezes up and I have to reload the page. Please fix this asap so I can play Goofball Island as soon as possible.

Longtime player Lucky Brain

November 22, 2021 pm30 6:03 pm

Hey there, Lucky Brain! If possible, try clearing your cache before restarting your browser

Mordredapologist November 29, 2021 am30 10:25 am

I love this island! I agree with other commenters, this really reminds me of some of the early poptropica islands. It was super creative and had lovely art! Also I LOVE that it offered three different endings! That’s such a fun twist that adds a bunch more replay value. Additionally, it does make me happy that this is a classic story structure, rather than a collection of mini quests like fairytale, and that it had a proper poptropica mystery and twist villain. In terms of what I would add, this is kind of a small detail, but I would like to have been able to walk around the island a bit after completing it. When I finish an island I’ve always enjoyed walking back through it to see the new dialogue, but for this you can only walk on Main Street and can only talk to the mayor and the detective. Again, not a big issue but I would’ve liked to see how all of the new islanders lives are treating them. Overall, I really like this island! I hope that its a sign of what’s to come in this new era of poptropica.