Tuesday, September 28, 2021

POP NEWS: A silly sneak peek into Goofball Island! 🤡🤪💥

How's it hangin', Poptropicans?

Between the hustle and bustle surrounding the recent special events and side quests, Pop HQ has been in a whirlwind! There’s been monstruous efforts happening behind the scenes that we’ve been anxious to share with everyone.

In fact, one of the most exciting projects currently in production is Goofball Island! Goofball Island was declared one of the winners of the Dream Island contest earlier this year, and we’re thrilled to finally be able to share a sneak peek! Although we can’t give too much away just yet, here’s a snippet of what’s to come in the upcoming island! 👀

Goofball Island sneak peek

Whacky designs are the name of the game in the land of Goof! Can you see the Crazy Club’s smile? Goofball Island is anything but “normal.” The buildings, animals, and even the people of Goofball are all silly beyond belief!

Goofball concept art

As previously mentioned, the idea for Goofball Island was submitted by Thirsty Flame as a part of last December’s Dream Island contest. Goofball Island is an unusually colorful and uniquely designed town, full of Poptropica’s silliest and funniest residents! However, one particular Poptropican is not at all fond of the state of the town. Dr. Blandston is an evil scientist, determined to rid Goofball Island of its absurd character. After inventing a device to wipe the color and joy from the island, Dr. Blandston puts his plan in motion to turn Goofball into a dull, gray town.

You’re the only one that can save Goofball Island! It’s up to you to defeat the vile Dr. Blandston and destroy his machine before the island loses its colorful goofiness. Will you be the one to protect Goofball Island from a plain fate?

Hopefully you’re just as excited as we are about Goofball Island!! What are your first impressions? How well do you think you’d fit into the goofy atmosphere? 🤪

Happy LizardSeptember 28, 2021 pm30 12:59 pm

Excuse me, before you release Secret of the Jade Scarab, will you promise to look forward to Space Island, because it's really cool.

Squeezy SliceSeptember 28, 2021 pm30 1:24 pm

This looks like a great island! I hope there's a boss fight at the end. I like bosses

pegsSeptember 28, 2021 pm30 1:42 pm

eyy, i like those concept art of the goofball town! if only the colors could be a bit duller...

also, i want to remind everyone that ruby part 4 might be postponed for this month, due to personal stuff i'm busy with in my life such as college. i'm not going to put the webcomic to an end, i'm just taking a break from it and hopefully next month or maybe this month (hopefully...) i'll return to it, and there's a chance that it won't be postponed this month. but it's kinda slim...

not to mention my deviantart account got banned and i sent an appeal to the deviantart staff some days ago, so until they accept my request, i will be posting some old and current parts of my webcomic in my new wix site. here's the link: https://temporaryemail12340.wixsite.com/website/blog

aaaaand i guess that's all i have to announce here. stay awesome pegafam.

-pegakid studios

AnonymousSeptember 28, 2021 pm30 2:21 pm

Interesting island idea. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. One minor note, however. You may need to change the island's name. "Goofball Island" may be a copyrighted name by Pixar. (From their movie, "Inside Out".)

Shifty pawSeptember 28, 2021 pm30 5:25 pm

Is that Ned Noodlehead?! Does this mean that super power might come back?
I hope Ned isn't animated or that would make it feel like it isn't the good old Ned from super power.
Sounds like a fun island with a lot of buildings to climb.
Could the Spirit Animals as come back? That one was around 2013 but I only started playing around 2014. I really would like it if the Spirit Animals ad came back because it had the greencloak costume, uraza power, briggan storm, Essix follower and sneaky Jhi. Spirit animals is a great book series.
Or maybe the greencloak costume, followers and powers can show up in the barons cabin.

anonymousSeptember 28, 2021 pm30 10:33 pm

Poptropica, I still wish you a happy birthday and all, but you did not live up to your promise. You offered us rereleased mini-games, free costumes and prizes, and big credit opportunities. While we did receive 2000 coins for Rumpel's quest, that was limited only to members. We got only three free birthday objects, the cake and the Beev and Hare followers, and we got one rereleased mini-quest, and it wasn't even that old like we'd hoped, plus it only gave us 14 credits. What happened to generous credit opportunities?
If I were to rate this birthday month, I'd give it a 2/10. Just because it's your birthday doesn't give you any right to disappoint your players and not live up to your promises. I expect you to do better in the future.

Happy LizardSeptember 29, 2021 am30 12:26 am

Excuse me, can you please add pants to Molly in Timmy Failure Island, remove movieclip variants from all Poptropicans, and not bring back Shrink Ray Island at all?

White SunSeptember 29, 2021 am30 10:38 am

Will this be a hard island or will it be like Fairy Tale? I didn't mind Fairy Tale, but it was too easy. I like hard islands like Pelican Rock.

sleepybikerSeptember 29, 2021 pm30 1:17 pm

It's nice to see Ned Noodlehead! I can't wait!

White RiderSeptember 29, 2021 pm30 1:25 pm

Is it available to all players? 😬

anonymousSeptember 29, 2021 pm30 8:38 pm

I wish you'd be more "excited" about bringing back old stuff than making new stuff.
There'd better not be any new animations or I'll quit Poptropica forever.

Happy LizardSeptember 29, 2021 pm30 10:57 pm

I want you to add pants to Molly in Timmy Failure Island. The laser guns in Wimpy Boardwalk are okay, it's science fiction.

Speedy WalkerSeptember 30, 2021 am30 6:00 am

I’m excited but could you guys make a spooky island soon? Those were my favorite ones.

anonymousSeptember 30, 2021 pm30 7:06 pm

i'm super excited for this new island!
personally, i don't care about the animations or things that make poptropica different than it used to be. from my point of view, they improved it.
i guess poptropica just evolved with time, just like everything else in the WHOLE WORLD does.
i mean, it's a new island. and it looks fun!
old poptropica didn't have a costume contest, or dream island contests, or even all the new things on home island like the outfits and new clubhouse items. (speaking of clubhouse items, could you add some m new ones, poptropica? ;))
i def agree on bringing back old islands, but what's the big deal about the animations and new characters?
i think everyone needs to chill out and just enjoy what's to come.

AnonymousOctober 1, 2021 pm31 5:33 pm

*me trying to remain calm*

Listen, you may be a newer player and you don't understand, but old Poptropica was fantastic new islands came out all the time, they were AWESOME islands, Poptropica was sweet and modest and charming, the creators listened to us, the social media manager let us know what was going on, and all was right in the world.

Now, we have annoying new animations, islands that are cut in half and restricted for members to be able to finish, the creators ignore us, they refuse to even mention the old islands in a post, they won't answer any of our questions, and now everything is extra bright and sparkly and eye-catching, it's just too much.

Not only that, we have given them art, money, blogs, support, and much more just because we love them, and in exchange they act like we don't exist.

So, you can't ask us to "chill out" when our former heroes have turned on us and turned their game into what we specifically ask not for.

sOmEonEOctober 2, 2021 am31 9:35 am

I agree with the first person, tho.
Poptropica can do what they want. If you really want old poptropica back, then why don't you go write to them like-
I'm not a new player but I don't feel the way you do.
It's Poptropica's decision.

PerfectDrummerOctober 5, 2021 pm31 3:24 pm

ngl i loved the old poptropica there was more islands and more things

Tough JokerOctober 10, 2021 pm31 1:17 pm

Hey anonymous #2,
I've played Poptropica for a long time (ever since I was 6) and I miss how their used to be WAY more islands and the islands were more complicated too. I also agree that they need to bring back some of the old islands. But how Poptropica is now isn't horrible. There are some pluses. We get monthly costume contests, theirs the baron's airship, we get our own clubhouses, and we got to create these new islands. I miss how Poptropica was too but we have to look on the bright side and look forward to this new island. Also we need some of the people in these comments on the blog posts to sort of chill out a little.

Shifty pawSeptember 30, 2021 pm30 9:34 pm

Please don't animate this island, at least not as much as the other islands. That would be the last straw for some Poptropicans. I like the idea of having Ned back because he reminds us of the old islands like super power, and the Poptropica without animations.

Sleepy StarfishOctober 2, 2021 pm31 8:22 pm

I am excited for Goofball Island! Can you make it challenging and hard? It looks like Ned Noodlehead is going to be in this island.

williamOctober 10, 2021 pm31 3:33 pm

looks cool but what are relise date for goofey island and other islands plise write a blog about it and send me some cool merch to try out.